8.25.2015

Coloring Twine // Papertrey August Blog Hop Challenge

Hello! I'm here with a card for the August Papertrey Ink blog hop, with a card that involves a little "dyeing".
Here's the pretty inspiration photo...


This photo reminded me of my sister who used to knit and dye yarn - she was an AMAZING knitter!
In the spirit of dyeing, I "dyed" some twine for my card today.


Here's a how-to video.


I wound some twine around a cream yardstick panel, then, with the front of the cardstock protected by some paper, I used some inks, water and a brush to color the string. Once the twine dried (it was pretty fast), I topped the tie-dye effect with some pearls, and some die cut birds from the Tick Tock stamp set.


I stamped the sentiment vertically before embossing the card base with the Woodgrain impression plate - it's very hard to get a clean stamped impression on embossed cardstock if you don't stamp it first.

Thanks so much for stopping in today and God bless!

SUPPLIES

Cardstock: Papertrey Ink, local craft store
Stamps: Papertrey Ink "Tweet Talk"
Ink: Versafine, Tim Holtz
Other: twine, pearls (Darice)

Tools: Cuttlebug, Papertrey Ink Woodgrain impression place and Tick Tock dies, water, paintbrush



11 comments:

  1. Love that you dyed your own twine! And the pearls looks like shimmery water drops. Artful and lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is so fabulous! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is brilliant, Clare! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card! So clever and creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really beautiful. Great take on the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea, it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - you actually dyed twine! So clever and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. gr8 talent:) i love that card.. and i can tell you like the dreamy looking backgrounds..:) thats not a question by the way.. LoL.. take care and enjoy... sincerely "glow"ing

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is wonderful and so creative, I love your use of the yarn.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment - it is always much appreciated. :)