6.19.2015

Father's Day Inspiration // Papertrey Ink and Paper Smooches

I interrupt your regularly schedule day to bring you a quick post with some inspiration for Father's Day.

I'm not gonna lie, I struggled this year. The first card was a disaster (check out my instagram on Sunday for a look at that monstrosity), and while the second card turned out clean and streamlined enough, it just didn't have enough character for my dad.
Here's that second card...


Luckily, my dad is one of those guys that like golfing, so that made it relatively easy to pick out stamps. I die cut a half circle to go behind a heat embossed golf cart, and then used some scrap papers  to add a little golf course scene. Some grey paper made the road, and just for a little more interest, I punched the corners of the front panel with a 1" circle punch (a go-to technique when I'm stumped on how to make a card more interesting) 

But, like I said, the card was a little boring for me, so I tried my hand at it again to make a more personalized card. 
While this result was difficult to photograph, I'm pleased with it because I know he'll get a kick out of it. 


I handwritten the sentiment (thanks Pinterest) using a Memento marker, because I didn't have anything nicer. I'm just gonna say that the uneven look adds to the character of the card, to make myself feel better. ;)


Some little gems top of heat embossed stamped shirts, that were colored in with water and random inks.
This card is more personalized, because one, the sentiment perfectly fits the egos (mine included) of my dad's nine children, and two, my younger sister and I iron his shirts for him and we somehow always manage to get behind, and then he has to nag us to get on top of them. ;)

***************************************************


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment - it is always much appreciated. :)