4.17.2015

Vellum Sentiment // Mama Elephant

Hello! I'm popping in with a just because card - just because!


This is one of those cards where I start layering, and when I'm almost finished, I realize I didn't plan for the sentiment. Ooops!
I wanted to make sure the sentiment stood out among the busy card, but the only place there was room was on the patterned paper, and I was worried the navy ink would get lost in the stripes.


The solution? Stamp it on vellum, cut it out, and add it on! You could cut right up to the sentiment, like I did HERE, or you could cut a shape around it, die cutting or just with your paper trimmer, which is what I did here.


I love using up my embellishments! Unlike stamps, which you can use over and over again, embellishments are a one-time thing, so I always feel the need to give them that one-time shot, their chance at GLORY!
Don't ask me why my brain works like this.

Thanks for popping in and have a great weekend!

**********************************************



Supplies not shown
Cardstock: Michaels
Embellishments: polaroid wood veneer (Michaels), cabochon (Ebay), vellum (JoAnn Fabrics), enamel dots (My Minds Eye)