3.18.2012

thankful

...for so many things. :)
It's been a very busy week, and I'm just stopping now to catch my breath. One of the many things keeping me busy is preparing for a ten day pilgrimage to Rome and then three days in France in May! I won a drawing for a sponsorship while attending a young adult group - I was so shocked and surprised! I'd never won anything big before (like a Silhouette - sigh ;)), so you can imagine my surprise winning a $2,800+ sponsorship! I've had some time to recover from my shock though, so now I'm busy preparing for the trip. :)

Anyways, here's a card I made for this weeks Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge


 ...using that pretty free flower digi along with a digi sentiment...



The soft colors obviously inspired the very light, Neopolitan ice cream like color scheme here, and the wreath itself just made me think of places you usually see them - on doors or windows, so I went with a window pane style here.


Well, my youngest brother is begging me to get off the computer so he can watch Ninjago (a LEGO tv...thing ;)), so I'd best be off.
Thanks so much for stopping in today, and have a blessed Sunday!


***************************
Cardstock: LSS
Stamps: Paper Smooches digi, Hero Arts 'Envelope Pattern'
Ink: Versamark
Other: pearls (Recollection, Zva Creative)

Tools: trimmer, adhesive, scissors, printer

13 comments:

  1. This is so very sweet! I love the natural colors and the prettiest and tiniest flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This ís a light and lovely card. And I'm happy for your chance to visit Europe. I'd say that tops a Silhouette...

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your soft and sweet card, Clare (always!!). AND congrats on winning a trip to Italy and France!! That is a trip of a LIFETIME!! I am super excited for you--woohoo! Do study more about the countries before you go, you will LOVE the visit even more! Can't wait to hear all about it! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is absolutely adorable!!! Congrats on the trip, I am sure you are going to have a fabulous time!
    Brandi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very lovely card Clare. Big congrats on your winning, so excited for you! Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this card. Now I'm in the mood for neopolitan icecream!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very sweet, cute use of the SPARKS challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very sweet, cute use of the SPARKS challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow! congrats!! lucky, lucky you!! hope you have a super time, i am so jealous!! =) love the clean look of your work. always so soft and soothing. sweet card, clare!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous Clare! Have fun on your trip- I'd love to visit Europe, especially Rome, France, Germany. Hope you take lots of photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so pretty! Love the soft colours =) Thank you so much for playing along in this SPARKS challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Clare- Congratulations on your wins, both the trip and the Sparks challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment - it is always much appreciated. :)