6.22.2010

With Gratitude

Hello!

An "old" card today (when my good ol' sewing machine was working) - I was/(am) still trying to figure out how to work my darn camera, and so the photo is kinda weird.
Oh, and before I forget, I was inspired by THIS card.
And now, on to the dedication:
I humbly dedicate this card to my blog readers and to my SSC and HA (it regretfully doesn't have any HA stamps on it though) friends - your encouragement and support means more than you'll ever know! :)

 
 

Made my own flower using the Cosmo Cricket Everafter ribbon - just place adhesive on some cardstock, and place on end of the ribbon in the middle. Twist and turn, shaping the flower. Finally, tuck the edge underneath the ribbon against the adhesive. I saw another way of just holding the flower while turning/shaping it, but I find sticking it to the adhesive keeps it together and is easier for me to twist. Also, use STRONG adhesive - the flower fell off a few days later (held only intact because of the pin), and I had to go back with some really strong adhesive.
Instructions: Adhere patterned paper strips to base, and sew. Next, cut out Nestabilities shape, tracing, with a pen (or stamp) the outlines. Stamp sentiment, add pearls, flower, and buttons. Stick pin through flower, and adhere embellished Nestabilities to card base using foam squares. Finally, cut out flower petals, and adhere to flower, than adhere button.

I hope to have another video tutorial for you soon, but I'm having troubles uploading it to YouTube, so it's a work in progress.

Thanks for stopping in, and as always, for the sweet comments!

******************************

Gratitude card recipe
Cardstock: Bazzil
Patterned paper: October Afternoon "Fly a Kite", Crate paper, Cosmo Cricket "Girl Friday"
Ribbon: Cosmo Cricket Everafter
Buttons: Sassafras, chipboard buttons unknown
Half pearls: Kaisercraft
Other: thread, pin, cotton twine, pen

Tools: trimmer, adhesive, scissors, sewing machine, Nestabilities, Cuttlebug

5 comments:

  1. This is really adorable, love the twisted ribbon flower!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVE this! love the cluster of embellishments and the ribbon flower!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. simply beautifl!! i looked through your blog, i love your style, amazing cards!!

    hugs,
    Sasya

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet card and love the ribbon. I never thought of tracing the nestie...thanks I am going to try it very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment - it is always much appreciated. :)