4.28.2010

Sew Special

Heya!

Got a card sharing my second card made with Hero Arts digi stamps - funny thing is, I didn't do any "real" stamping in this, and yet, this card makes me feel like a real stamper!



added some metallic Bazzil paper for the needle and wound some thread around the spool....

Mmmmm, love THIS kit from Hero Arts. Bought it almost as soon as I laid eyes on it. And then, of course, I had to use my new Thrift Shop paper. Pure yummieness out of both companies. :)

So, obviously, this card took some time. I printed out the sewing machine first, cut it (the thread on the top was tricky - I ended just cutting it off), and added the pearls and paper pieces. Then I printed the sentiment out and added the shimmery needle. And finally, I sewed the lovely ribbon from Making Memories into a ruffle, because, you know, you can't have a card about sewing without some real sewing. ;)

This was made for my Grandma, who is the most amazing quilter/sewing person ever! And you know what, I'm not even sure if she sewed most of those quilts with a machine!

Anyways, hope you liked it, and thanks for stopping in! :)

***************************

Sew Special card recipe
Cardstock: Bazzil
Patterned paper: Thrift Shop by October Afternoon
Stamp: Hero Arts "Sew Special" digi
Ribbon: Making Memories
Other: thread, pearls by Kaisercraft

Tools: adhesive, sewing machine, trimmer, scissors, printer

11 comments:

  1. Fabulous, love the sewing machine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE it! I will have to check out the Hero Arts site for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl this is amazing! I love that image and the way you incorporated the thread. Great Job! My favorite card today for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing details. Love your card.

    Thanks for all the support and encouragement during the Royal Battle on the Greeting Farm. We really appreciated it.

    Free digi on their site today as a thank you. http://splendidstamping.blogspot.com/
    Hugs from us all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. FABULOUS....I LOVE that paper!! And the digi image is AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clare, this is gorgeous!!!! I love that digi and downloaded it myself yesterday. Great pattern paper and such sweet frills and details - looks wonderful against a kraft background!!! Jo x
    BTW, I've got candy on offer at my blog until the weekend so why not drop by and take a look!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! this is fabulous, Clare!! The details are incredible!! and those papers are so yummy! i would love to have a sewing machine with that pattern! =) LOOOOOVE your card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh boy, this is SUPER cute! LOVE that ribbon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Real stamper it is!!! I mean, you are! ;-) Great card and use of digi stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is perfect! I love everything about your super card, Clare! LOOOOOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my, this is crazy awesome Clare! The details are amazing!! Pure yumminess is right :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment - it is always much appreciated. :)