10.14.2009

Fabric Twist and Good Friends...

Hello, everyone! I hope you like the blogs new look!
So, I have an exciting announcement; I am now on Simply Scrapping's Design Team!!! Yay! Thank you Judy, and rest of the DT!!
For their sketch this week,



and the twist "use fabric", I made this card...



Supplies:
Making Memories "Chloes Closet", SU! white cardstock, ribbon, Sugarloaf sentiment, green ink, Souffle white pen.

I using the ribbon as the fabric at first, then Lesley told me ribbon didn't count. Oops! But everyone was really nice about it and said the paper looked like fabric, so it's all good. :)

Once again, thank you Tracy, because although I'd heard of it, I had never really thought about faux stitching until your post on Friday. I used that technique on this card; it really is handy, because it doesn't make the edge of the papers uneven when I glue them on the cardstock. Not to mention it's just fun for a change. ;)

If you feel like having a go to the sketch, then go to the link provided...there will be a total of four sketches, and the prize at the end of the month is...



A Basic Grey paper pad! Since I'm not too familiar with Basic Grey, I couldn't tell you what this line is called...

And now for the card I made using this weeks Unscripted Sketches sketch...




{I really hate taking pictures of cards that open from the side...pictures just look nicer opening up from the bottom}

Supplies:
K&Company "Berry Sweet", shimmer cardstock, SU! white cardstock, ribbon, kraft paper, Hero Arts "Tree, Birds and Messages", orange ink.

I haven't participated in a US sketch in a long time, but still, I have to say, there are my favorite sketch site because their DT is amazing! :)

Anyways, have a lovely day!

PS,
I know this blog post is rather long as is with all the photos, but, being a hockey fan, I just have to show you this!

4 comments:

  1. This is such a fun and bright take on this weeks sketch! Love the way you incorporated the kraft in the card. Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Unscripted and thatnks for the kind words about the design team!
    Sarah M
    Unscripted DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. What gorgeous cards! I especially love your take on this weeks US sketch! The papers are amazing! Great job! So glad you got to play along with us again!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the new gig Clare!! Well deserved. Your card is gorgeous. So glad you enjoyed faux-stitching. I'm so addicted now I use that technique on almost every card.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment - it is always much appreciated. :)